Here are some scripts that people have contributed so far. Feel free to edit this page to add in more.
- PRAWtools by BBoe
- A collection of tools that utilize PRAW. Two current tools are
modutilsa program useful to subreddit moderators, and
subreddit_stats, a tool to compute submission / comment statistics for a subreddit.
- AutoModerator by Deimos
- A bot for automating straightforward reddit moderation tasks and improving upon the existing spam-filter.
- A website that displays reddit stories under the guise of Python or Java code.
- reddit Notifier for Gnome3
- Integrates with Unity and Gnome Shell to display new reddit mail as it arrives.
- Link Unscripter
- Examines a redditor’s posting history and creates a comment with a nice
activity overview. ClockStalker uses an older
version of PRAW, the
- Butcher bot by u/xiphirx
- Handles routine tasks on r/Diablo such as the removal of images/memes and bandwagon-esque titles.
- r/diablo flair infographic generator by u/xiphirx
- Creates beautiful infographics.
- Groompbot by u/AndrewNeo
- Posts new videos from YouTube to a subreddit.
- newsfrbot by u/keepthepace
- Parses RSS feeds from some major french publications and posts them to relevant subreddits.
- A relatively lightweight script for automating reddit moderating tasks. It was written as a simpler alternative to AutoModerator by Deimos.
- A bot that automatically manages giveaway. One feature gives out product keys to the first N commenters.
- A simple challenge-queue submission bot for r/DailyProgrammer. Users submit challenges through a Google Documents form, then the bot crawls said form, posting the appropriate challenge on the appropriate day of the week.
- The management bot for the r/TheDailyPrompt reddit community. Main functions include managing a queue of prompts, posting prompts daily, and posting suggestion threads weekly.
- VideoLinkBot by u/shaggorama
- A bot that aggregates video links in a response comment where multiple
videos links appear in reply to a submission (uses a slightly out-of-date
version of PRAW, currently requires
- reddit-analysis by u/rhiever
- Scrapes a specific subreddit or user and prints out all of the commonly-used words in the past month. Contains a data file containing a list of words that should be considered common.
- AlienFeed by u/Jawerty
- AlienFeed is a command line application made for displaying and interacting with reddit submissions. The client can return a list containing the top submissions in a subreddit, and even open the links up if you’d like.
- ALTcointip by u/im14
- ALTcointip bot allows redditors to gift (tip) various cryptocoins (Litecoin, PPCoin, Namecoin, etc) to each other as a way of saying thanks.
- RedditAgain by Karan Goel
- Migrate an old reddit account to a new one. Backs up existing content and submissions, and copies subscriptions to a new account.
- reddit-cloud by Paul Nechifor
- Generates word clouds for submissions (or users), posts them to Imgur and the URL to reddit. It’s what I run on u/WordCloudBot2.
- Reddit-to-Diigo-Copier by Doug
- Copies your reddit saved links to a Diigo account of your choice. Makes use of PRAW and the Diigo API.
- NetflixBot by Alan Wright
- Parses comments for calls and determines if a movie is availble for streaming on Netflix. Makes use of PRAW and the NetflixRouletteAPI. Run on u/NetflixBot.
- RemindMeBot by Joey
- Called upon with the
RemindMeBot!command on any subreddit, the user is able to set a reminder for themselves about the current thread or comment. The bot will then send them a private message with the date they specified. u/RemindMeBot.
- Massdrop Multi Bot
- A bot which made Massdrop available for everyone and then grew into an assortment of different fixes for links that regularly get mistakenly used, like Gfycat, Massdrop and Subreddit-Names in titles.
- Reddit Keyword Tracking Bot by Jermell Beane
- <requires Kivy> A bot that will watch any subreddits and email you with updates when it finds words that matter to you. settings are configured via a GUI making it easy for people who don’t know how to edit python scripts.
- Reddit-Paper by Cameron Gagnon.
- Command line interface program that will download the top 5 images from r/earthporn, r/spaceporn, etc. and set them as the computer’s wallpaper. Currently only tested and used on Ubuntu, but more OS’s coming soon.
- QR Codify by JstnPwll
- Fetches username mentions and converts the comment data into a QR code. The code is then posted via ASCII characters as a followup comment.
- <Your Script Here>
- Edit this page on github to add your script to this list.
Note: The following use very outdated versions of the API. Don’t expect them to work with the latest version.
- comment tracker
- Repeatedly looks at new reddit comments and can take an action if they meet a specified condition. The example use I gave is replying with an automated message if the body of a comment contains a certain word. <Novelty accounts, anyone?>
- account cloner
- Given two logins and passwords, it will transfer all of the saved links and subscribed subreddits from the first account to the second.
- comment generator
- Pulls comments from reddit, puts them in a Markov chain, and periodically outputs random statuses. The statuses can be viewed here.